Saturday, April 29, 2006

Quick factoid: The ignition temperature of Methane is 630° C and a Butane flame burns at 1,970° C, thus when a blast of Methane gas comes in contact with a Butane flame a fireball proportional to the volume of the quantity of Methane will ensue.

This factoid was inspired by a recent experience of yours truly (and his brother...) - which I won't describe on this blog.

I know, this post was juvenile. I haven't posted all week because it's been the only thing in my head to post about (I don't multitask well). Posting a truncated version of what I had originally planned was in the hopes of keeping reader offence to a minimum.

I do think that this type of humour is universal on at least some level. My sons spent several minutes today blowing "raspberries" into Lindsay's belly simply because they enjoyed the sound.

There are few things in life as funny as a toddler grinning from ear to ear and giggling at the sound that he was just able to mimic using nothing but his lips and mommy's belly.

No comments: