Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I'm SORRY!!!!

I missed yesterday's post. My consistency rating is shot. I'm scum, post-missing blog-scum. (It's actually a variety of pond scum as blog sounds like bog)

Enough self flagellation. On with today's post.

I recently got an invite to the illustrious ivory towers of Google's Analytics program and I set up the account yesterday. So far, I'm only tracking this site and the Blink Development site.

Now, I've used a pile of different web log analyzing software - everything from Power Phlogger to Webalizer - and Google Analytics is definitely the prettiest. However, sometimes the information that you receive on software like this leaves you scratching your head...

For example, according to "Google the Wise" I have received a total of 190 individual visits over the last two days. This is slightly lower than what my own server reports, but not too far off.

Of the 190 visits, again from the mouth of Google, 153 originate from the country of Iran.

Say what?

Apparently 80.526% of the visitors to my main business website come from cities whose names I cannot even pronounce properly - and I like big words. As a side note, what would someone from the region or city (I'm not sure which) of Chahar Mahall va Bakhtiari want to know about "Duplicating a hard disk using dd and ntfsresize"?

In summary, Google Analytics is very pretty but rather confusing.

No comments: