Thursday, May 11, 2006

My two young men draw the strangest things from my lips. This evening, however, I had the joy of hearing something completely absurd pour forth from Lindsay instead.

A little back story is in order.

Our preschooler has become obsessed with Star Wars over the last several months (even rivalling his preoccupation with Star Trek), and has repeatedly asked to watch Clone Wars. Clone Wars is a series created by LucasFilm and The Cartoon Network that fits (time-line-wise) between "Attack of the Clones" and "Revenge of the Sith".

This cartoon series is really not for those under the age of about seven. Things get edited fairly heavily - as in he can only really watch about four episodes. I thought the other day that we should broaden his horizons a little and rented "The Phantom Menace".

My more sci-fi oriented friends may scoff at paying money for this movie (it did receive poor reviews), but my eldest son has talked of nothing else. From pod racing and light sabre battles to "bad robots", conversation in this house has revolved around the world of Star Wars.

I'm sure that you will appreciate my amusement when this evening Lindsay reprimanded a certain hooting youngster, bouncing on his bed with his "nank" held high above his head with:

"Go to SLEEP! You can be a Tusken Raider tomorrow."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bwa ha ha ha that is HIGH-LAR-I-OUS
I fully support you in your quest! train up your geek in the ways of the force and when he is older he will not depart from them rofl Im sure the new BSG is fine for youngsters as well, oh and where is the place for comments on lindsay's page? I wanted an appology for the first time i met her and got a face full of Quills. peace